Wednesday 10 July 2013

Guest Bedroom Inspiration

We have been in our adorable little home for about 18 months now, the exterior has been painted and a garden planted; and so the indoor renovations begin. And it is non other than the spare bedroom once complete with stunning bright purple wall  that now awaits my personal touches.

I decided one wet miserable weekend, when I would usually turn to a creative DIY project to keep me entertained, that it might be a good time to start the interior renovation process.

So armed with enthusiasm I declared this idea to the partner and somehow gained his approval. To the paint laden wall paper we took. A trip to the local hardware store for a eco friendly chemical product that said it would make the 'hard work easy' and a nifty little cutter tool that would piece through the layers - bollycocks I personally don't think it made any difference! Successfully stripping off the purple layer I was guttered to find a momento from the 60's still firmly in tact - hard work, made harder. I won't bore you with the details, but some frustration later we had it all off.

'So...' parter started, 'what colour are we painting these walls? Are we getting new curtains'? he asks expecting from me non other than an excited walk through of every little detail of this room....but receiving a blank look in response. I havn't really confirmed all that detail yet....

But im thinking light and bright, fresh, a pop of colour, but lots of white....time to conjure some inspiration....




I thought I loved the idea of wistful white walls all clean and bright; but with the white undercoat on and white roman blinds, im not quite convinced of the white on white on white trend...not for the tiny room I have anyway.


But perhaps it would be better with pops of fresh colour like orange, love it! So bright and fun....maybe I want this in my own bedroom though!



Im loving this green wall colour....a bit bright perhaps.....i'm shying away from replacing my bright purple for the same tone in another colour.



LOVING this light, fresh green off set with all that white, this would be amazing - SOLD!

I can't wait to share my re-vamped guest bedroom with you all very soon...so excited, have a great day everyone - Lisa x






No comments:

Post a Comment