Monday 1 July 2013

I want you! DIY



I saw this super cute sign over on one of the blogs I love - Bleubird and really wanted something like it for my room. So, since it was sold out on Esty i decided why not make my own! We happened to have some planks of wood lying around for firewood anyway and I have stocks of paint so this turned out to be the best kind of DIY - free!




























What you will need:
Plank of wood
Sandpaper
White, black and red paint
Small paintbrush
Pencil
Letter stencils
Hammer/crowbar (anything to rough up the wood)

First cut wood to your desired length, this will depend on how big your letter stencils are. Sand you wood until semi smooth and round off the corners.

Paint a base coat of white and allow to dry.

Using your stencils, trace your letters lightly with a pencil.

Using a small paint brush fill in the words "I want" in black. You will most likely need to do two or three coats.

 Now begin filling in the word "you" with red - do two to three coats. Allow to dry.

Now your painting is done! Next is the fun part...


















Grab your hammer or crow bar and go nuts! Tap and bash the wood until it looks a little roughed up and aged.





























Finished! Now find a cute place to hang it, step back and admire your handy work. Kirsty xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment