Monday 24 June 2013

Lamp shade DIY refresh


I think it's those chilly winter days stuck indoors that make me start to look around my home and desperately want new items! Rugs, lamps, duvets you name it. But new items come at a price so sometimes it's best to make the most of what you have and find a way to spruce it up a bit. 

I am the tad bit embarrassed owner of an old red lamp shade and the urge to swap this out overcame me this weekend.


But what to do, fabric it? Hmmm not so keen on heading out into the stormy deepths of the winter, ah paint! I have a huge albeit random collection of test pots and a fab dark charchol....perfect!


It's so easy too, stick on a coat of paint, let it dry and then pop the light on...you'll then be able to see if you have missed any little bits, touch these up with some more paint. Let dry, and voila, your done!


No comments:

Post a Comment