Saturday 22 June 2013

Polaroid box DIY refresh



Lisa and I found this cute box and the markets last weekend and I just had to have it. I think it was once someones tool box but when I got it home I realised it would be the perfect thing to keep my polaroids in. The only thing was, it did look like it needed a bit of a facelift. I decided to paint it the same colour as my polaroid camera and put a cute printed paper on the lid in the inside (this was a hard decision as I was sorely tempted to keep the cool old worn off stickers!)










So here is a little DIY on how I did this:

You will need:
Wooden Box
Sand paper
Paint of your choosing
Paintbrush
Letter / number stencils
Pencil
Cute scrapbooking paper - I printed my one from here
Sissors
Glue



















1. Lightly sand and then clean your box. 
2. Paint 1 - 3 plain white base coats depending on the original colour of your box.





3. Mix up the paint colour of your choosing. I picked a light blue to match my camera.

4. Paint around 3 coats onto your box until you get a smooth, fully covered finish. Allow to dry.

 5. Using your stencil, trace the numbers of your choosing on to the top of your box with a pencil, making sure to keep it light.
6. Mix up the paint colour you would like for you numbers and then slowly fill them in using a fine brush. Allow to dry.


7. Measure the inside lid of your box and then cut your paper to size.


8. Using a paintbrush spread your glue on to the lid of your box, making sure to get it all the way to the edges.

9. Carefully stick your paper to the lid.

Your done! Now step back and admire your handy work. Kirsty x


No comments:

Post a Comment